Daily Current Affairs National and International:
National Current Affairs
1. Women’s Parliament begins in Andhra Pradesh
- National Women’s Parliament (NWP) has started i capital of Andhra Pradesh Amaravati.
- The theme is ‘Empowering Women – Strengthening Democracy’.
2. 56 Post Office Passport Seva Kendras
- The union Government has decided to open 56 Post Office Passport Seva Kendras (POPSK).
- The states are Delhi, Assam, Gujarat, Odisha, Telangana and West Bengal.
- Last month the External Affairs Ministry and the Department of Posts has announced their decision to utilize the Head Post Offices in the various States as POPSK.
- The project was started on a pilot basis at Mysore (Karnataka) and Dahod (Gujarat).
3. 1st phase of solarization project in President’s Estate
- 670 KW of solar power will be generated through rooftop solar panels installed on seven buildings at the President’s Estate.
- President Pranab Mukherjee has inaugurated the first phase of a solarised project.
4. Aadhaar card mandatory for subsidized food grains from PDS
- Aadhaar card mandatory for receiving subsidized food grains from all PDS shops.
- Individual beneficiaries having Ration Cards to furnishing Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication to receive subsidies under the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
- If the Persons do not have Aadhaar number can make application Aadhaar enrollment by 30th of June 2017.
5. Dr. Harsh Vardhan releases Braille Atlas
- The Union Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan has released Braille Atlas for visually impaired persons in New Delhi.
- About 20 maps on different themes of the country have been incorporated in the Atlas.
International Current Affairs
6. Paris Proposed wall of bulletproof glass around Eiffel Tower
- The Mayor of Paris (France) has announced the erection of a 5meter wall of bulletproof glass around the Eiffel Tower.
- The new security measure is meant to protect France’s most recognizable symbol in the event of a terrorist threat.
7. RBI to set up separate Enforcement Department
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to set up separate Enforcement Department (ED).
- The department will be started from 1st April, 2017.
- It will mainly deal with the penalties imposed on banks for violation of norms.
8. Governament appoints 3 non-official directors on RBI central board
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed three part-time non-official Directors Ashok Gulati, Manish Sabharwal and Rajiv Kumar on the Central Board for a four-year term.
Science & Defence Current Affairs:
9. Shawna Pandya is the 3rd Indian Woman to fly in Space
- An Indian-origin Shawna Pandya (32-year) has been shortlisted by r NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) for its 2018 space mission under the Citizen Science Astronaut (CSA) programme.
10. Virat Kohli becomes first Test batsman to score four double centuries in four consecutive series
- Indian Skipper Virat Kohli has become the first batsman to score double centuries in four successive Test series surpassing legendary Sir Donald Bradman and Rahul Dravid.
- Kohli’s double tons came in the series against the West Indies, New Zealand, England and now Bangladesh.
- He scored 204 runs on the second day of the one-off Test against Bangladesh at Hyderabad.
Thank You ..
Team Result Status
- 1 Daily Current Affairs National and International:
- 2 National Current Affairs
- 3 International Current Affairs
- 4 Science & Defence Current Affairs:
- 5 Thank You ..