Daily GK Current Affairs for latest government exams 2017:
Daily GK Current Affairs NATIONAL
1. India aims to Bring Broadband to every village by 2018.
2. National Biodiversity congress held in kerala —
- This is one of the biggest biodiversity congresses in the country and its focal theme is ‘Mainstreaming biodiversity for sustainable development’.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor: P Sathasivam
- Formation: 1 November 1956
.3.Minister for Railway Dedicates Coaches of Antyodaya Express to the Nation.
- Chairman, Railway Board, Shri A. K. Mital and senior officials were also present on the occasion.
- The Minister appreciated the new Antyodaya Rake and dedicated it to the common people of the nation.
4.CCEA apprpves 40,000 -mv solar park scheme –
- “The enhanced capacity would ensure setting up of at least 50 solar parks — each with a capacity of 500 MW and above in various parts of the country,” Power and Renewable Energy Minister Piyush Goyal told.
- “The capacity of the solar park scheme has been enhanced after considering the demand for additional solar parks from the states,” he said.
- “The solar Parks and ultra mega solar power projects will be set up by 2019-20 with central government financial support of Rs 8,100 crore,” he added.
5.India – China hold Strategic dialogue –
- Just before the dialogue, Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar held talks with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi.
- Later, Jaishankar along with China’s Executive Vice Foreign Minister Zhang Yesui held the strategic dialogue.
.6 Vijaya Bank ,SIDBI ink pact to provide concessional loans to MSEs
- The MoU aims at promoting and strengthening units in the MSE segment through concessional funding.
- The MoU also envisages joint financing/co-financing of MSMEs for meeting capital expenditure under the ‘SIDBI Make in India Soft Loan Fund for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises’ scheme at concessional rate of 9. 60 per cent, along with working capital from Vijaya Bank.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founded: 1931
- MD and CEO: Kishore Kumar Sansi
- Tagline: A friend you can bank on
- Headquarters: Lucknow
- Founded: 2 April 1990
- Chairman: Dr. Kshatrapati Shivaji
7.Bharti Airtel to Buy Telenor India
- Airtel will buy Telenor’s India operations in seven circles – Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh (East), Uttar Pradesh (West) and Assam, the company said in a statement.
- Telenor India’s operations and services will continue as normal, until the transaction is completed, the company said.
Daily GK Current Affairs: BANKING
1.Centre clears RS 5,700 – Crore ,hydro project to be set up in Nepal
- Financial closure for the project is expected to be achieved by September this year and it is scheduled to be completed after five years.
- The project will offer 21. 9% free power to Nepal for 25 years and generate employment of around 3000 persons in India and Nepal.
- The project will be carried out by a subsidiary owned by public sector company SJVN.
- Sutlej Jal Vidyut Nigam (SJVN) is a joint venture of centre and Himachal government. Centre holds 64. 46 percent shares while Himachal Pradesh holds 25. 51 percent shares.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Rupee
- Prime Minister: Pushpa Kamal Dahal
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
Daily GK Current Affairs: Appointments
1.Suman saxena takes charge as the whole Time member of the IBBI
- Ms Saxena will look after Research and Regulation Wing comprising Corporate Insolvency, Corporate Liquidation, Individual Insolvency, Individual Bankruptcy, Research and Publications, Data Management and Dissemination and Advocacy.
- She will also look after National Insolvency Programme, Continuing Professional Programme, and Knowledge Management and Partnership.
- Ms. Saxena served as a member of the Indian Audit and Accounts Service for over 35 years.
- Her last assignment was Deputy Comptroller and Auditor General, where she oversaw three important sectors, namely, defence, communications and railways.
- She has also been the Director of National Academy of Audit and Accounts.
2.The President of Azerbaijan picked his wife to be vice president
- President Ilham Aliyev, 55, named his wife Mehriban Aliyeva, 52, as vice president after he ordered a referendum last year to create the role and extend his own term from 5 to 7 years.
- The resolutions passed in September with more than 90 percent of the votes.
- Capital: Baku
- Currency: Manat
- Prime Minister: Artur Rasizade
- President: Ilham Aliyev
Daily GK Current Affairs: Awards
1. Haryana – 42 sportspersons conferred Bhim Awards
- Khattar and Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki conferred the award to sportspersons.
- The players were given a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh, an idol of Bhim, a scroll of honour, a blazer and tie/scarf.
- 2016 Rio Paralympics silver medallist Deepa Malik was also given the award for the year 2013-14.
Daily GK Current Affairs: Sports
- India will be hosting the Combined World Cup for shooting in 2019, a qualifying event for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, which will further boost the country’s profile as a global shooting destination.
- The National Rifle Association of India’s (NRAI) bid was approved by the International Shooting Sport Federation’s Executive Board in its meeting held in New Delhi.
- Combined World Cup comprises all the three categories — shotgun, rifle and pistol, and at stake in the 2019 edition will be a number of quota places for the Tokyo Games.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS:.
- Amarinder Singh’s Biography – ” The people’s Maharaja released “
- Punjab congress chief Amarinder Singh’s biography, ‘The People’s Maharaja’, was released on 21st February.
- The authorised biography, authored by Chandigarh-based writer Khushwant Singh, sheds a new light on the sequence of events that led to the 1984 army action at Golden temple in amritsar.
- Speaking during a discussion after the launch of the book, Amarinder explained the circumstances under which he had resigned from the Congress over Operation Bluestar in 1984.
- He had, however, rejoined the party in 1998.
- The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, released the book “Judicial Reforms – Recent Global Trends” and presented the first copy to President Pranab Mukherjee.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Prime Minister said that India has to keep pace with changing technology, and the new, interdependent global order.
Team Result Status
- 1 Daily GK Current Affairs for latest government exams 2017:
- 1.1 Daily GK Current Affairs NATIONAL
- 1.1.1 1. India aims to Bring Broadband to every village by 2018.
- 1.1.2 2. National Biodiversity congress held in kerala —
- 1.1.3 .3.Minister for Railway Dedicates Coaches of Antyodaya Express to the Nation.
- 1.1.4 4.CCEA apprpves 40,000 -mv solar park scheme –
- 1.1.5 5.India – China hold Strategic dialogue –
- 1.1.6 .6 Vijaya Bank ,SIDBI ink pact to provide concessional loans to MSEs
- 1.1.7 7.Bharti Airtel to Buy Telenor India
- 1.2 Daily GK Current Affairs: BANKING
- 1.3 Daily GK Current Affairs: Appointments
- 1.4 Daily GK Current Affairs: Awards
- 1.5 Daily GK Current Affairs: Sports
- 1.1 Daily GK Current Affairs NATIONAL