How to apply Passport and application status:
How to apply Passport: Now a days each and every person is applying for passport. Ministry of Foreign Affairs and home are checking for application details for the candidates. Applying for a passport online entails booking an appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or passport center which is done by logging into the PSP website www.passportindia.gov.in, filling and submitting the online passport application form and paying the passport fee online. After that you need to book appointment for verification through online.
How To Apply Passport Application Online?
- Firstof all applicant enter into the website http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink
- After entered then click on the new user registration tab. It will redirect to registration page.
- The following fields relate to your name (limited to 35 characters), date of birth and email id.
- You can choose your login id to be the same as your email id.
- If not you can choose a login id
- Specify your password and confirm
- Provide a hint question and answer – if you forget your login details, you will be prompted to answer this question.
- Finally enter the code displayed and hit ‘register’ the bottom-right corner of the page
- If you’re an existing user, you can login with your user id and password (if still valid).
- First you need to login to your home page through Exsisting user login page with your login Id. Here, you can choose to apply for
- a Fresh passport / Passport Reissue
- Diplomatic passport / official passport
- Police clearance certificate (PCC)
- Identity Certificate
This page also contains a link to view applications that had been saved and submitted. Once you submit your application form, you can return to this page to view it.
- Clicking on ‘apply for fresh/reissue of passport’ on the ‘applicant home’ page will take you to the next step of the process which is filling up the application form.
Application Form Filling:
The application form can be filled in two ways either Offline or Online
Offline: Fill the form offline and upload it once completed.
- If you choose to fill the form offline, click on the link provided to download the form in soft copy.
- It will take you to the page ‘Download e-Form’. Here, a link to an electronic form for each of the following is provided.
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Identity Certificate
- Click on the appropriate link to open/download the e-form.
- Fill the application e-form
- Click on the link ‘Upload e-form’ and upload/submit the filled in application.
Online: Fill the passport application online without having to download/upload it.
- If you choose to fill the form online, click on the link provided to fill the online passport application form.
- You will be directed to the page ‘Passport Type’ where you will have to choose between the following
- Fresh or a reissue
- Normal or tatkal
- Booklet of 36 pages or 60 pages
- Validity of 10 years or Up to 18 years of age or Not Applicable – Choose Not Applicable if you are an applicant over 18 years; Choose 10 years or Up to 18 years of age if the applicant is a 15 to 18 year old minor
- Click on the ‘Next’ icon at the bottom right corner
- It will move to Passport Type (current page), Applicant Details, Family Details, Present Address, Present Address 1, Present Address 2, Emergency Contact, References, Previous Passport, Other Details, Self-Declaration
- Submit the duly filled form
To Know How to Fill Passport Form Offline
Schedule, Pay and Book the appointment
- You will then have to schedule an appointment to visit the passport seva kendra (PSK) where you will have to present yourself. You can locate the PSK for your area on the portal.
- Go to the ‘Applicant Home’ page and click on the ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications’
- Select the ARN of the form you just filled.
- Below the table are various options, viz.
- Retrieve partially filled form
- Pay and Schedule Appointment
- Print Application Receipt
- View/Print Submitted Form
- Track Application Status
- Track Payment Status
- Payment Receipt
- Upload Supporting Documents
- Appointment History
- Click on ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’
- This initiates your payment process. It begins with ‘Choosing your mode of payment’. You can choose from two payment methods, viz.
- Online Payment – This is for payments via Internet Banking (SBI) or through card i.e. Debit or Credit Card (SBI or others).
- Challan Payment – This is for physical payment i.e. paying cash at an SBI branch or paying cash at a PSK when going as a walk-in
How to apply Passport: Application Online In Detail:
- Once payment is made the next step is to book the passport appointment. If you choose to pay online, you can move on to booking the appointment immediately. If you choose to pay through cash/challan –
- Take the challan provided to an SBI branch and pay the required amount in cash. This is to be done after at least 3 hours of challan generation. The challan is valid for only 85 days from generation.
- Collect a copy of the challan from the receiving bank personnel. The bank will then take 2 days to verify your ARN details on the challan given Successful payment will be displayed on the website post-verification where you can ‘track the payment status’. Alternatively, an email update will be sent to you.
- On successful payment, either online or via cash, you can ‘Schedule the appointment’
- This page available dates for appointments at PSKs under the relevant Regional Passport Office (RPO).
- For regular applications, select the Normal appointment Quota; For tatkal passport application, choose the tatkal appointment quota
- You will then have to ‘Pay and Book the Appointment’.
- Check all the information is correct then click the icon at the bottom right corner for appointment payment and booking.
How to apply Passport: Payment of Application Fee:
- This takes you to the payment gateway which is the SBI Multi Option Payment System (MOPS).
- Choose the payment method i.e. Net Banking (SBI and associates) or Card Payment (cash payments are to be made at SBI branch).
- If the payment system doesn’t work, you may try again after sometime.
- In case there is a hitch in the system whereby you’ve been charged the passport fee without having your payment successfully processed online
- Go to the ‘Applicant Home’ page
- Click on ‘Track Payment Status’
Here you will be able to check the status of your payment. If it has been processed successfully, you can proceed to get an appointment confirmation. However, if it has not been processed, it will indicate a failed payment. In this case, the amount charged will be refunded to your account within 7 days, else, you will have to contact customer care.
- On successful completion of payment, you will receive an ‘Appointment Confirmation’ and an Appointment Number (once payment is made, don’t pay again)
- This page will display details about the appointment viz. your Application Reference Number (ARN), name, birth date, what you’ve applied for, the appointment quota i.e. Normal or tatkal, the chosen PSK, your passport application Appointment Date, Time and passport application appointment ID (which is the passport application appointment number displayed at the top of the page)
- Click on ‘Print Application Receipt’ at the bottom right corner
Print ARN Receipt:
- The ‘Print Application Receipt’ page gives particulars about your application
- Applicant details – ARN, type of application, name, place and date of birth, gender and marital status, type employment, father’s name, current address.
- Applicants References – First Reference Details, Second Reference Details (these are alphabetic codes)
- Passport Payment Details – Total fee, Fee Paid, Date and Time of payment and the payment transaction id.
- Passport Appointment Details – Location of the PSK and its address, Date and time of passport appointment, Appointment ID and well as the reporting time
- Review these details and click on ‘Print Application Receipt’ at the bottom right corner
- The last step of this process is the display of the ‘Passport Application Receipt’. This is proof of completion of the passport online application process.
- The receipt contains the Applicant details, applicant references, payment details and appointment details as mentioned in the previous step.
- It also contains a tabular display of the Batch, Sequence No. and Reporting Time. Applicants are called into the PSK according to batches and appointments dealt with in sequence.
- There are two barcodes, one each at the top and bottom right corners
- Carry your documents to the PSK i.e. one set of originals and one set of self-attested photocopies (parents can attest their minor’s copies). You need not carry any photographs as your photograph will be taken at the PSK. Only applicants who are minors below 4 years of age will have to carry a recent photograph – color with white background, 4.5 X 3.5 cms in size.
- Ensure you are present at the PSK before the reporting time where you will be issued a token. Documents will be checked before token issuance. However, if you arrive after the mentioned reporting time, you will not be given a token.
- You can complete the process by ‘Printing the Application Receipt’ by clicking the icon at the bottom of the page.
- Once the application receipt is printed, click the ‘Close’ icon at the bottom of the page.
You have to carry the Application Receipt / ARN Receipt when you go to the PSK for appointment
- 1 How to apply Passport and application status:
- 1.1 How To Apply Passport Application Online?