Daily Current affairs 12-02-2017
Daily Current affairs Appointment:
NPCI launches BHIM App on iOS platform
- After its successful launch on Android, the Bharat Interface for Money, or BHIM, an app, has been finally launched on the iOS platform.
- With its debut on iOS, it is currently supporting over 35 banks and is currently available in Hindi and English, unlike the Android version which supports other regional languages as well.
- BHIM app on iOS also has a limit of Rs10,000 per transaction and Rs20,000 in a day for transfers through the bank account.
Daily Current affairs Science and technolgy:
- The US and Japanese military have successfully tested the Standard Missile-3 (SM-3) Block IIA missile defence system by intercepting a medium-range ballistic missile target in space for the first time.
- The missile was launched from a ship off the west coast of Hawaii, US.
- The US Missile Defence Agency said that the defence system met each of its primary objectives.
Daily Current affairs Awards:
- The three trophy handlers at the ceremony are transgender model Martina Robledo; model and actor Derek Marrocco, and model and actress Hollin Haley.
- The ceremony host is James Corden.
- The 59th Annual Grammy Awards ceremony will be held on February 12, 2017.
ISRO set to launch record 104 satellites on 15 February
The PSLV, in its 39th flight (PSLV-C37), will launch the 714kg Cartosat-2 series satellite for earth observation along with 103 co-passenger satellites, together weighing about 664kg at lift-off. PSLV-C37/Cartosat-2 Series Satellite Mission is scheduled to be launched on February 15, 2017 at 9.28 hours IST from SDSC SHAR Sriharikota. The co-passenger satellites comprise 101 nano- satellites, one each from Israel, Kazakhstan, the Netherlands, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and 96 from United States of America (USA), as well as two from India. The two Indian nano-satellites are Isro’s INS-1A and INS-1B.
National productivity week celebrations to begin from 12th February
Every year 12th to 18th of February is celebrated as the National Productivity Week. This year the theme of week is ‘From Waste to Profits-through Reduce, Recycle and Reuse. National Productivity Council, an autonomous body under Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion was established on 12th February in 1958. The objective of Council is to stimulate and promote productivity and quality consciousness across all sectors in the country.
Jiro Taniguchi, legend in Japan’s comic art of manga, dies at 69
- Jiro Taniguchi, a legend in Japan’s comic art of manga, died at the age of 69.
- Taniguchi achieved an international following with works such as The Walking Man, The Summit of the Gods and The Magic Mountain, hailed for exquisite line drawing and intricately-constructed landscapes.
India beat Pakistan by 9 wickets to win T20 Blind World Cup 2017
- India beat Pakistan by 9-wickets to win T20 Blind World Cup at Bengaluru’s M Chinnaswamy Stadium.
- Successfully defending their title in the T20 Blind World Cup, India achieved the victory target of 198-runs in the 18th over in the final of the tournament.
- Man-of-the-match was Prakash Jayaramaiah. Man-of-the-series Badar Munir was the top-scorer for Pakistan.
Team Result Status
- 1 Daily Current affairs 12-02-2017
- 1.1 Thank You…